Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Remove From Selection" Tool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: "Remove From Selection" Tool Reply with quote

Hello there, Smile

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a "Remove from Selection" tool.
Shift+Ctrl will only toggle selection for each vertex. I would like something like Shift+Alt to remove vertices from a selection. That shortcut has not been taken yet AFAIK. Very Happy

Sometimes it can be quite hard to properly select a few vertices. Let's say we have a 3x3x3 segmented cube and i only want to select the center 2x2 vertices of one plane of the cube, like:

Code:

O = selected

x_x_x_x
| | | |
x_O_O_x
| | | |
x_O_O_x
| | | |
x_x_x_x

It would require me to go to that plane in the perspective view and select them one by one. This is a real pain when working with lots of geometry with lot's of vertices.

I hope you can implement this. It will make my life much easier. Razz

Chronozphere
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice suggestion indeed.

Funny thing is: I'm working on our VertexSelector tool right now. Perhaps I can sqeeze in this request while I'm at it. Will get into it.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel we still need to add this one. Smile

Do y'all agree?
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't find that excerise particulary daunting... but what is daunting is, when you select what you think is a single vertice, only to find someway down the road in the process.. you actually selected a couple of dozen somewhere out of sight/view. Would help perhaps to have a switch to only select vertices that are on the polygons you can see.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
I wouldn't find that excerise particulary daunting... but what is daunting is, when you select what you think is a single vertice, only to find someway down the road in the process.. you actually selected a couple of dozen somewhere out of sight/view. Would help perhaps to have a switch to only select vertices that are on the polygons you can see.

Well, It was just an example. Let's say you have a more complex set of vertices selected and you accidently select a few extra vertices. It's quite annoying to have to click each one of them to remove them from the selection again. Ctrl + dragselect can be dangerous because it might add new vertices to the selection, you don't want.

My NashaUV plugin allready has "remove from selection" (Shift + alt + click/drag). IMHO it works pretty good. Smile

About your issue: I don't see when that happens. If I click-select a vertex, that will be the only vertex that get's selected. If you drag-select vertices, only the ones on polygons that are facing the camera, will be selected.
Your problems could be fixed by adjusting your workflow a bit. You should deselect (Shift + click in the void) before you start selecting something new. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: