Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy of Toon Game Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stressless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Fantasy of Toon Game Project Reply with quote

EDIT: We have uploaded some music made by the music designer.
Lisen now by clicking on the direct link Click Here

I have start working on a new project a while ago.
Im already working a month on this game, together with some other fellow students at school. We have hired a music designer, and right now we are working hard on the main models...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Fantasy of Toon
Gerne: Fantasy

About it.Fot Online is a 3D mmorpg in development. Its a Fantasy / Toon gerne game, Where Fun and Gameplay are the most importent things of all.
The team is working "free-time", and are still students.
They work on this project for the experience and knowledge of Game design. Most of the students have the age of around 17-18 years old.

Storyline ( Basic )
Part 1 of 2
On a planet behind the second star from earth, is a world what’s pure and fine.Without worries, without war. Where 4 tribes lived together in peace. The lands where covering in green leafs, and people lived open in the wild, and had respect for the world. But ever thing changed when the Western tribe declared war against the other 3 tribes. It crushed 1 tribe without giving any warning. The other tribes where warned, but could not stand against the army of the West. They hold there lines for many years, but they got weaker and weaker. After 10 years both tribes offered to give up, as long the villagers would not be harmed. The Western tribe agreed and the 2 tribes gave up to the Army of the West. Now the hole world was taken over by the West, but was not the world they known for so long. The woods turned into empty deserts, the lakes into ass. And the great city’s into ruins. Nothing was left, and strange creatures developed there self’s. They attacked the lands, and left nobody alive. The leaders of the West didn't know what to do. The magical world, turned against the people who destroyed nature. The creatures took down almost everything, leaving just some farmer alive. 3 Farmers to be precise. These 3 farmers began a new life. After more than 500 years, the nature turned the ass back into lakes, the deserts back to woods. And all green leafs returned into the villages. The 3 farmers developed there self’s into 3 large tribes all over the world. The Southern tribe, The Northern tribe, The Eastern tribe. Nature returned the woods back, but was not able to take the creatures back into the natures ground. The creatures are trying again to defeat anyone in there path. It’s the job of any living man or woman to hunt down the creatures, and to defeat them to make the world peaceful again.

Part 2 of 2
Many creatures are taken down, but a small group of travellers found out that nature cant control one of the gaps in the ground, left of the war. This gap is the birthplace of all creatures. And right now this gap is still active. Creatures are born here every day. So the only way to defeat the creatures is to destroy the gap in the Western part of the world. The Western island is dangerous because of the strong creatures. Buts it the only way. Destroy the gap to get the peaceful world back. Good luck soldier.

Status
Early development
1. Working on the maps ( 20% )
2. Testing maps Ingame ( 20% )
3. Design Characters ( 5% )
4. Design Armor, Weapons ( 5% )

Stage development
1. Working on Skills ( 0% )
2. Working on Quests ( 0% )
3. Other Scripts ( 0% )
4. Testing Game ( 0% )

Late development
1. Other last parts ( 0% )
2. Beta testing ( 0% )
3. prepare for final launce ( 0% )
4. Open beta ( 0% )

There are many screenshots to view there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by stressless on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you had screenshots. Those are just DeleD renders. I was expecting shots of something up and running.

So what technology are you guys using to get this up? Are you using RealmCrafter, or something similar? Or did you guys choose to code it from scratch? I hope not, for your sake.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now i use the realm crafter engine,
but im going to search for a better one.
i dont like realm crafter that much anymore...

The video at the media page on the website,
is ingame, so you can see how it looks like right now.
We are looking for a other engine, but for now we use RC

oeps: moved, its ok thanks...
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're building a MMO, and don't want/have the means to do the code from scratch, then I'd recommend using Multiverse. Deled has an exporter courtesy of Paul-Jan for their format (ogre format + physics file). So the pipeline's there.

If you want to/have the means to do code from scratch, (for a MMO, unadvisable unless if you have good experience with network/server) then I'd advise such engines like Irrlicht or Ogre3D or jMonkeyEngine, as pipelines from DeleD have been established to all three Smile.
stressless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i already have Multiverse.
I was looking for a lot of turtuals all day, yesterday..,,,

I think i use multiverse for this project, its very powerfull without need to script the hole SDK..

EDIT: We have uploaded some music made by the music designer.
Lisen now by clicking on the direct link Click Here
ridwan sameer
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Is multiverse more easier than realm crafter?

And also, how much does it cost?

i see on the front page it says free download, but i know it is not we cant release the game without buying a license, so how much is the license, and when we download free, we get all the tools, so we can make our game, and then pay the and release it

EDIT:- just noticed it's free for non commercial users, WOOT

Last edited by ridwan sameer on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
stressless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiverse is not easy if you compaire it with RC.
But multiverse is free, as long as you dont let players pay for the game.
You get aal the tools, all the support....
ridwan sameer
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, multiverse aint easy?, do we have to do any coding, or you ean it;s just complicated but no coding?
stressless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well evry game engine has coding,
rc has BASIC ( the script, like quest, attack ect... )
and multiverse has more options to code parts of your game,
but im not completely sure about all the coding things of multiverse...

I do know its more powerfull than realm crafter.
But harder to learn.
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not more powerfull than RC if you change the RC source code. You can achieve almost everything with RC if you want by changing the source.
stressless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but im not that good in coding, so lets start with normal coding, before i change a programs source code
ridwan sameer
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OIC, but what is the language used to code, like RC has blitz, do we code in a multiverse language, or do we have to edit the source, there is no language?
stressless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC has release his source code.
Multiverse not, you cant change the source code of multivere,...

But lets stay on topic, about fantasy of toon.... Wink
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stressless wrote:
RC has release his source code.
Multiverse not, you cant change the source code of multivere,...

But lets stay on topic, about fantasy of toon.... Wink

With the Client/Server API not being open source can be a problem, but not always. You don't always get the rights to source code when you license an engine, but Multiverse, as said, is provided for free, you get some degree of support (devs in some ways are like the devs here), and the MV Toolbox is something to really look forward to.

The MV tools have been lackluster...but they're coming out with a consildated work space called a "toolbox", which eventually will have all the old tools in one, as well as an integrated IDE...basically you could work on your game from one integrated application. So far only a limited preview has been released (haven't really tried it out), but its definitely something to look forward to.
stressless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i dont have that much free time these days,
im working hard on school, and keeping track on this website Wink
So it will take some more time before i can learn more about multiverse..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: