Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Object Snapping by Vertex

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarfius
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Object Snapping by Vertex Reply with quote

Hi

Firstly, I'd like to say I really like DeleD and I've happily registered using the pro version Smile

I have an idea for a simple feature, a way to snap an object to the grid by one of it's vertex points rather than it's center.

The reason for this is simple, say for example you have a flat surface aligned to the grid and another object (such as a sphere) sitting on top of that surface, at the moment it's very hard to align the objects so that they touch each other.

If you use vertex snapping the sphere would loose it's round shape, and if you use center of object snapping it won't actually touch the flat surface unless it's radius is exactly right.

This is a trivial example of course, I can think of many other ways I would find this useful.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a workaround, you could try that plugin I wrote a year ago, and see if it does that for you.
fik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe this one I wrote may help http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3353
zarfius
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

That's what I was looking for, sorry I didn't get around to posting a reply for so long. Been busy Smile

I didn't download Mr Fletcher's plugin but I can see how it would be useful.

Fik's plugin on the other hand is exactly what I was looking for. Kind of a weird way to use it but it works Smile

It's a shame these plugin's don't make it to the Plugin's page linked from the front page, or at least on the wiki.

Before I purchased the Pro version of DeleD the plugin list was an important factor, and having to search the forums isn't really a practical way of finding out what plugins are available.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, we should get all the plugins together somewhere!
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.delgine.com/plugins/viewPluginCategories.php ? HEre?
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's not really up to date, or rather, complete. Some of fik's plugins aren't in there, only in the forums. It also makes it harder for the developers to update the plugins if only J/PJ can access that directory. Maybe we could have a wiki page with all (third party?) plugins collected, and a link to it on the delgine.com plugin page.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: