Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

delgine.com possibly hacked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: delgine.com possibly hacked Reply with quote

We might be victims to a website hack. A trojan horse might have been installed into our main website, delgine.com. The index.html and index.php files seem to have been altered on may 9th, 9:56.

Please, for you own best interest, do not enter the main site until further notice. We are investigating right now.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All seems to be OK now. You can login to the main site again.

It was, indeed, a trojan virus that was inserted into several files of our website. I found out that the following files were infected:

login.php
main.php
index.html
index.php
home.php

Seems that the attacker scanned our whole site and whereever he found these files, he inserted a little javascript at the end of the file. Evil or Very Mad I replaced those files with the originals and told our webhoster about this problem.

Thanks go out to tatts and adr for warning us immediately (and Avast virusscanner too). All should be fine now. If not, please do tell us by email (jeroen at delgine.com and paul at delgine.com)!
tatts
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, glad to see everything worked out. I had no warnings and problems getting in to the site just now. Smile I seriously hope you'se find whoever is responsible for this attack on your site, though it will be nearly impossible but you never know.

As I said a couple weeks ago, I will be here more often now so if I ever see anything again like this, You can always be for certain that I will inform you'se immediately. Again I'm glad to see you'se got this figured out. Smile

.......Tatts Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Jeroen summed it up nicely, I just wanted to post my thanks for your support, Tatts.

It's simply great and heartwarming to see how much our users are on the opposite side of the human spectrum from those timewasters who hacked the site!
adr

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds sorta dum, but cant you just track the person by their ip address? I mean, it be going out of your way to do it, but all pc have a ip and a mac address so it be as simple as calling up their isp and then checking to see who using this ip address and find their mac address so it be easy to block and call 911 on them... but idk lmao XD
bobbel
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you guys fixed "The hax". This thing F*** scared me!
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This sounds sorta dum, but cant you just track the person by their ip address? I mean, it be going out of your way to do it, but all pc have a ip and a mac address so it be as simple as calling up their isp and then checking to see who using this ip address and find their mac address so it be easy to block and call 911 on them... but idk lmao XD

It's a waste of time trying to track persons down on the net. Blocking the IP is a good idea though, but how can you be sure which IP belongs to the attacker? And 911 shouldn't be used to report hacking attempts, especially not when the server is located in europe. Wink
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the ip number of the machine that performed the final ftp "attack", but it most likely belongs to an infected machine of an innocent user (botnet or a single remote-activated trojan). The important part is that whoever triggered it already had their hands on our FTP password (either through a previous hack, sniffing, infected machines, etc). We're still investigating.

Taking legal actions is unfortunately a lot more complex and time-consuming than dialing a number, and reponse is prioritized based on financial damage (in other words: there won't be any, the best we could hope to achieve is contributing as a auxiliary evidence if the same people pull of bigger jobs).
sjevadoraa

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: delgine.com possibly hacked Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
We might be victims to a website hack. A trojan horse might have been installed into our main website, delgine.com. The index.html and index.php files seem to have been altered on may 9th, 9:56.

Please, for you own best interest, do not enter the main site until further notice. We are investigating right now.

some security holes ?

Paul-Jan wrote:
We have the ip number of the machine that performed the final ftp "attack", but it most likely belongs to an infected machine of an innocent user (botnet or a single remote-activated trojan). The important part is that whoever triggered it already had their hands on our FTP password (either through a previous hack, sniffing, infected machines, etc). We're still investigating.

Taking legal actions is unfortunately a lot more complex and time-consuming than dialing a number, and reponse is prioritized based on financial damage (in other words: there won't be any, the best we could hope to achieve is contributing as a auxiliary evidence if the same people pull of bigger jobs).

easy chance the password every 3 months to something like fish123dog456

ftp attackers can't get a long password that easy
when you play whith the words and numbers if posible use @%^*)(&^%$@. to in your passwords

and a lot more sercure agains hack attacks

its just a tip to help you out
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: