Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Chat/FPS style game

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: A Chat/FPS style game Reply with quote

Hey everyone ^.^ I am happy to say I just got a larg chunk of my networking done and I want to test it out with the commuity to see how many ppl it can run befor it slows down. Its manly a chat room atm for what it can do but you can also have fun and "shoot" ppl ^^ kinda like a hide and go seek game:P Just everyone "it".

I'm still working it on, and will have new things ever week or so. Mainly atm i'm having some problems with char. I'm not an artest so its taking alot of my "coding" time to work on models then code it self.

How to use:
1. Download and installed the newest build at
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yea4z9 ->Exe
2. After install the game should come right up. If it doesn't go to 3 other wise skip 3-4.
3. If it doesn't start right up go to Start->Programs->Build06032009->Start game
4. If still nothing or a black screen, the server maybe down or theres a new build. If server goes down during play just retry to connect (my ip must have changed) or if that doesnt work, then the server is down, i'll have it right back up as soon as I can.
5. Once the game starts up, it will ask you to type a user name and pass, if you haven't log in befor, you can creat a new account by going to "Creat A New Account".
6. Once You have log on, you will be at another screen. Game, Chat, and Information.
7-8. You can either go to the chat screen or go to the game screen. The Game screen is a one way ticket sadly, but the chat lets you go back to this screen to go to the game.
9. Once in the game, just point in click to send that player back to the starting point.

wasd are the moving keys, left click to shoot, and esc to exit out of the game.

**Update
Kk the update finally here ^^ I got mipmaping, Mouse Sensitivity settings, music sound levels, and a few other things. Major bugs fixs with the updater not working and a rare bug where if you log off it sometimes keep you still log in. Also fixs a few other bugs and the sizes has been cut down to 1/2 with the exe.

Things to do for Build06172009:
Add:
normal mapping
add better gui commands
more music/sounds
Fixs:
Bug when updating (download screen not showing but the % still shows on the black screen in the back (looks like the cmd promp).

Last edited by adr on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:43 pm; edited 9 times in total
Conker303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason when I click "Play" it just brings up and closes a black screen.

D-E-L-E-D

Yea...you wish you could do that...
adr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So theres no screen that pops up?

Like this one?
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1876/35810058.png
Conker303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no just the C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe box that you can see in the screenshot, but it pops up but then disappears.
adr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK, I uploaded a new version that should work and have a build in updater so this should be a one time download if everything work ^^.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works here. I entered the chat and the game. Wink

It would be nice if you could scroll through the chat messages with your scroll-wheel. I also found out that holding the mouse on the "scroll up" button doesn't bring you to the top. You have to click alot of times.

It's nice to see that you loaded your DeleD scene into the game. Congrats. Very Happy

You should however, use different textures and some more detail. Mipmapping would also be a good idea.

Keep it up! Smile
adr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronozphere wrote:
It works here. I entered the chat and the game. Wink

It would be nice if you could scroll through the chat messages with your scroll-wheel. I also found out that holding the mouse on the "scroll up" button doesn't bring you to the top. You have to click alot of times.

It's nice to see that you loaded your DeleD scene into the game. Congrats. Very Happy

You should however, use different textures and some more detail. Mipmapping would also be a good idea.

Keep it up! Smile

Oh ok, i'll fixs/add that too ^^.

Alright ^^ Yea working on Normal Mapping actully right now, then i'll work on mipmapping when i'm done with that. It'll be in the nexts update, nexts friday.

Also, i'm looking for some small models to add into the museum of art. Its the big building to the north/east of the starting point if anyone is interested? I'm Going to go on and "steal" some of the images in the show case.
adr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh ok, i'll fixs/add that too ^^.

Alright ^^ Yea working on Normal Mapping actully right now, then i'll work on mipmapping when i'm done with that. It'll be in the nexts update, nexts friday.

Also, i'm looking for some small models to add into the museum of art. Its the big building to the north/east of the starting point if anyone is interested? I'm Going to go on and "steal" some of the images in the show case.

Ok Build06102009 is here ^^ I've added alot more gui commands and some other settings like MipMapping and Mouse Sensitivity. I've also fixs a few major bugs such as the updater (works now) and other where it says you are online even if your not.

I've also got to test to see how many ppl it can support and found that I had over 15 users working at one time. I'm happy to see that my server can handle that many ppl at once XD Only slow down was when someone was downloading the update while I had the 15 users (going to guess it was from the limited up load I have with DSL).
Green Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, I'll try it out

Edit: Don't like the look of the host you chose for the download at all :/
adr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Ninja wrote:
Sounds interesting, I'll try it out

Edit: Don't like the look of the host you chose for the download at all :/

Why not o.o;? What sorta download place would you like instead? Also after that it becomes me that host updates and stuff. If everything works out right.

Edit** There seems to be a bug in Build06102009.. uploaded and changed the update to Build06112009. Sorry about that. (when you download still it'll say Build06102009)
Green Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't work for me mate, though I wish you the best
adr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Ninja wrote:
Didn't work for me mate, though I wish you the best

Maybe not cus i've had the server down. Working on some code inside there. + I just uploaded a bad version for atm so someone could help me look some things over.

Build06172009:
Error fixs so far:
1. Bug in network code where sometimes the socket messages would stack causeing the code to stop working. User wont see this do to it being on another thread.
2. Another bug where sometimes when the server sent tag code, the client could would miss read it and cause the client to not be able to log in.
3. Another bug in the server updater. Sometimes during the download process the file would get currpoted. (See added also)

New things:
1. Added a error system. When a error does happen, its sent to the server.
2. Working on a gun system.
3. Name over head.
4. Better networking hardware (yes I upgraded my computer) Using a ramdisk to store the server in.
5. Added a new updater system so if the client disconnets during the download/upate they can restart from where they last stop.

Other Notes:
Sorry the game went up insize again. But this time its more stable and wont go up maybe another 20-30 megs at maxs for a while. This is due to the new sound/effect files. The nexts 20-30megs will be more guns/models to go with thos sounds. This also includes new maps.
adr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bla Sorry about the next build, it'll be a while, my computer did a nose dive and lost most of the game. I got half back and reworking on the some of the bugs that were in the older builds.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: