Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just some ideas.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Just some ideas. Reply with quote

Hey, while I was thinking in my shower today, I thought it be cool to have some of these features in deled. Some of theses i've maybe have ask around so sorry if I repeat some of em.

1. Normal Mapping/Parallax mapping/bump mapping/Displacement mapping (Something on the lines of thos) with shaders.
Maybe i'm calling this wrong... but it would be cool to have some sorta way to lower the count but still keep the high level detail in a model.

With Shaders you can set information to them. (Not needed, just a idea).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_mapping -> it has a link to em all.

2. LOD builder
Having a way to auto LOD your objects, instead of making the same object over again and over again with a lower count, maybe have some way to auto do this for you with a way to set how much to lower the count and see this effect.

3. Increase the loading speed, lol sorry to ask this again but speed does seem to be still a slugish on big models/sences. I know IOPs play in but most ppl can read at 50mbs per sec, so I dont really seeing IOP playing to much unless something else is being read about the same time.

4. Some how fix the light mapping. It still seems to still have that bug (not really a bug but going to call it that) where it does a slopy job of rendering where the shadows should go.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm ranting x.x; its just something I would like to see in deled ^^: Thanks for all that you have done so far Smile
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Personally I'd vote for normal mapping. Such features probably need the material system to be redesigned. That's quite alot of work, so I wouldn't expect this any soon.
2. I believe this is perfect for a plugin. If you really need this, You should write a plugin yourself. Otherwise it can take a while before it's added.
3. I guess there are some ways to optimize. Not many people complained about the speed, so it doesn't have a high priority yet. How big are your scenes?
4. I'm sure that PJ and Jeroen will work on this.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronozphere did a very nice job of summing things up there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: