Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My game ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, that textured man is really well done!
harper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: How i did it Reply with quote

First i created a 10-side-sphere and cut the "back hemisphere". so when you look at it frontal, you see only the front edges. Then take a background-picture (here it is an old MIT-Professor, later i create for this a morph of some unknown persons...) and adding edges to follow the main lines of that face - straight in 2D-vision. After that i correct the vertices in z-axis; nose to front, eyes to back etc.
Then i complete the rear head, add some hair and beard (texture here is from a gray animal, maybe a wolf). The body is one massive block, with movable arms and hands. Animation is not needed for my kind of use.

And, uhm, gallery - take this pictures only if i am allowed to change them, when i made some more - and better.
harper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: still working Reply with quote

I will make a "tutorial" of making human faces, as long as i make additional characters to my "game-ideas". In this moment i am happy
to get the "vegetation"-system going and plants growing in "Meynheim"... Here is an actual picture. I know, it has nothing to do with DeleD, because the vegetation ist made from flat "billboards", but i want to show you the progress of my project.

Last edited by harper on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total
harper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Tinkering... Reply with quote

Starnick wrote:
Anyways, for freeworld I'm impressed. I never did have the patience to tinker much with that editor.

Freeworld may be buggy - but curious Soconne has had the right idea to "create-a-3D-world-interface". I tested about 20 so-called "World-Builder", but no one is half as inspiring and intuitive as what Soconne created. I am absolute worried about that (and why) he has abandoned this project. OK, some evil robots spammed his forum, but that's no reason for giving up programming such a "right idead" software !
harper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Old Men Reply with quote

Hi folks,
because of you are so interested in old men, i did a new one, starting Sunday, July 5. Only to test my abilities to create faces. so here it is:

First, on the left, you see a half sphere and a background picture. With this i divide the poly's along the main lines of the face.
The picture in the middle shows the wireframe model after dragging all vertices in z-axis according to that face. The right picture makes clear,
that this is a very low poly model. But if you can accept some weird lightings, this is ok for mass scenes, as the further pictures are showing:

After correcting some vertices in uv-editor, the (left) face looks not really good. But lightmapping corrects the view tremendously. And finally,
the view at the right face, lightmapped with only 2 directional lights, is ok for me. And, by the way: Even if you use a real photo of a real person,
your 3D-model looks different. With my method you cannot replicate any existing person.
If you want to complete the head, it might be useful to have to manipulate your face-texture a litte bit by strechting all views in a single picture,
to make it easier to uv-it. In the near future i will generate an "ideal" face model and a fitting uv-preset for generating dozens of characters.
But another theme is clothing. I am glad to have NOT animate swaying robes...
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well. I got to a model like in the top right picture myself and was never satisfied by the results. Amazing that with some decent texturing and UV mapping, the model gets very realistic (by lowpoly terms). Nicely done! Wiki/Tutorial material by all means.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice indeed! It's good to see how people accomplish things like this. It's also very nice to become aware of decisions you have to make when creating such models (such as quality being good enough for certain cases etc). Again, excellent job! Very Happy

Fletcher is right - this should be on the Wiki pages. I'll take care of it (if someone else doesn't do it first, that is Wink).
nu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb
nu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supreb! your model and texture is very nice.
I hope to see your game soon.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while, but I really like your scenes. Well done. Your face tutorial is great too. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
harper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: I'm not dreaming of making a game ! Reply with quote

But -
i am working to create a town, where i would like to explore a virtual world.
Here is a litte "walkthrouh" through Meynheim, my little virtual town, where i want to show, what i would like to see in upcoming MMO's.
I hope you can see this:
http://www.harpersoft.de/Meynis/deled/Meynis1.wmv
You like it ?
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one word comes to mind: awesome. Very Happy This is exactly the kind of stuff I'd like to see created with DeleD, being a big fan of medieval scenery.

The town already looks great. Having a few people standing here and there (perhaps even walking?) and some other things slightly moving (like, trees slightly moving with the wind) would bring even more awesomeness to the scene.

Btw, MeymHeim... does that mean "my yard" or something? It looks a bit like "myn hiem", which is frisian for "my place" or "my yard". Frisian is a language spoken in the north of The Netherlands by a minority of the dutch people.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous, just annoying that you didn't walk to where I would want to walk in that video Razz
adr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was perty cool, I love how you had things "blend" togather (the roads, water, grass..so on) I also loved the little things you put in there too, it gives it life totally :O

I'm with Jeroen too.
"The town already looks great. Having a few people standing here and there (perhaps even walking?) and some other things slightly moving (like, trees slightly moving with the wind) would bring even more awesomeness to the scene. "

But also if you could, make the sky move around, that be soo cool.

Thats my nexts step in my town when I get that far. I just currently just got my networking code/connection up to speed, so for right now, just reoptermizing the code some for the next step of my fps/mmo. LOL, but it would help if I could buy the deled pro ^^: it make editing the scenes alot easier anyways Smile
harper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx alot, folks.

To Jeroen:
"Btw, MeynHeim... does that mean "my yard" or something? It looks a bit like "myn hiem", which is frisian for "my place" or "my yard". Frisian is a language spoken in the north of The Netherlands by a minority of the dutch people..."
Yes, this was my intention for the name !

To Fletcher:
abulous, just annoying that you didn't walk to where I would want to walk in that video..."
So tell me, where you wanna go - and next time i take my camera to that place, no problem.

To adr:
"Having a few people standing here and there (perhaps even walking?) and some other things slightly moving (like, trees slightly moving with the wind) would bring even more awesomeness to the scene. "
Sorry, but there will be no animations. I use no engine, you see things made with DeleD and a 40-dollar-terrain-modelling-software named Freeworld 2.0. But there will be persons, animals, and indoor-scenes. I am currently working on bodies/clothes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: