Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urquhart Castle - Loch Ness - Scotland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AWM. Did you actually use my plugin to do (some of) the texturing? Smile
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronozphere wrote:
Hi AWM. Did you actually use my plugin to do (some of) the texturing? Smile

I used it and completed all of the pathways. Strangest thing, when I lightmapped it, the resolutions of the textures changed back to what they were before stretching and positioning.
I believe it may have more to do with having 2 different resolution textures in the material. To complete that part of the project, I simply made up a texture in advance, creating slightly curved edges for corners. Worked quite well, but ultimately, I want to use your tool.
I'll give it another go on a less complicated model, so I can focus on the tool, not 15,000+ vertices LOL

I did use the auto connect vertices tool, that saves a LOT of time when you have a lot of vertices and need to carve a shape out. Match that with your tool, will be a great combination. (thinks.... if the path could be selected in a direction, could the programme layout the polygon faces in the correct orientaion? Cool )

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'll give it another go on a less complicated model, so I can focus on the tool, not 15,000+ vertices LOL

Yeah.. Do note that the tool was designed for low polygon models. Select single objects from your scene and UV-map them one by one. The plugin can have problems with > 4k vertices (Drag selection will fail there, but the rest will work).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: