Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specify an UP vector when generating texture coordinates

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spaddlewit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Specify an UP vector when generating texture coordinates Reply with quote

Right now, texture coordinate generation assumes an up vector of 0,1,0 (relative to the selected plane). It would be AWESOME if there was a way we could define this on our own, maybe even with the possibility of selecting two vertices to form the UP vector.

If the option of selecting vertices to form the vector isn't an immediate possibility, I would glady accept having to calculate the vector on my own!
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are talking about planar UV mapping right?

FYI: DeleD does not support planar mapping yet. Right now it supports some kind of default mapping (mapping along the axes) , box- and spherical mapping.

I am working on my NashaUV plugin which is a DeleD plugin with improved UV mapping functionality. I want to add planar, cylindrical and spherical mapping to it. This mapping functionality will be very flexible. You will see a mapping dummy in a viewport which you can move/rotate. That's what you want! Very Happy

Keep in mind that I do have many projects and that it might take a while before I release the next version of NashaUV. But, at least someone is working on it. Wink

The NashaUV thread.
Spaddlewit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, I'm not up to snuff on UV mapping vocab. Remember that other thread I had asking about creating grass overhangs? It'd be nice if I could specify an up vector for the tilted ground and do Generate UVs. I've been having mixed results with scale + rotate.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: