Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOOD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna say, nice looking game Smile. Can't wait to try out the demo Smile.

And, make your own engine Wink. It may add a year or so to the dev time, but then you'd get exactly what you want Wink.

p.s. Don't take that comment seriously Razz
khris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it hpesoj, we're currently working on the release of the demo so starting our own engine is not that high up the priority list at the moment for now.

Still working at that level now, and Im pushing it to the 10,000 poly mark still not totally finished yet Embarassed lol. Just got to add a few more details here and there, though im unsure about lightmapping until someone makes a dbo exporter. Ask if you guys wanna see any more screenies anyway.

Well, back to work i guess, easily distracted from coursework Laughing

khris
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khris wrote:
Ask if you guys wanna see any more screenies anyway.

Of course!
khris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hey i guess u asked... these arent in game shots btw, ive been told off because the poly count was well over 10,000 and slowing the engine down though I cant do much to else really. Managed to cut it to around 9000 without wasting any detail really then stupidly decided to lightmap it. I apologise in advance for the colour but after 45 minutes worth of processing I dont think I could be bothered to do it again lol!

hope you like anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/minion_and_god/deled/md_cement2/lighted10.jpg

Very Happy khris
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i can see that level looks realy interesting Very Happy ,how about a couple of pics not lightmapped

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOW~ Shocked

This level looks like a Doom 3 Level! I like this dark Atmosphere and this red Light! Can't wait to try the Demo!!!!
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you've said that I'm tempted to discuss the time that this level is set it, I always assumed it would be day time, but it does look damn cool all dark like that.

After I'm done with this homework I'm extreamly temped to do some MOODing, that is to say you guys have got me in the mood to MOOD Laughing . I really shouldn't have laughed I'm finding it hard enough to breath as it is.
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been a while since I've said anything with regards to MOOD here, and some things have changed since we first posted so I guess I should do a new profile:

Project name: MOOD (we may change it at a later date this is really just a placeholder).

Genre: FPS.

Engine: Irrlicht for the graphical rendering, Audiere for the audio (could change to OpenAL at some point), and still using Newton for all game physics.

Team: Minion and God Software: Chris (Programmer), Khris (Designer, 2D/3D Artist), Lucas Marincak (Musician), Dan (3D Artist), Tigy (3D Artist).

Price: Freeware in therory, although Khris still tries to convince me otherwise.

Story: I still need everything filling in Rolling Eyes , I'll ask Khris to write somthing that I can paste in here.

Multiplayer: Depending on how well MOOD performs once all the single player stuff is done I may be tempted to work on a multiplayer addon. (Deathmatch and Co-Op probably).

I'll be aiming to get some new screenshots of MOOD in Irrlicht by the end of the easter holiday, 12 of april I think, just don't quote me on it as I've got exams and stuff comming up soon.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up for lighting 10.000+ triangle scenes in DeleD Lite(!), that's 40mb+ of lightmaps... very brave Very Happy

The screenshots are great Chris! If you didn't already do so, you really might want to consider entering the screenshot competition.
khris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you like the shots of that level, it did take a seriously long time to lightmap i have to say. i was thinking about entering it for the screenshot competition but i was going to wait until i got Pro, unfortunately shareit doesnt accept my visa electron so im going to have to wait for the check to be sent through Embarassed im sure we enter one of those screenies, right chris?
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, just remember, the compo pic has to be taken in DeleDLITE.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to hear you guys may want to enter! Oh, and too bad ShareIt didn't accept your electron card, maybe we we'll send them a little mail complaining about that. It might help in the long run. Is Visa Electron a widely accepted way of paying electronically over the internet, you think?

Lightmapping a seriously-sized level like this is a lot more convenient (plus it will look a whole lot better *lol*) with PRO, first of all there is the option to recalculate lightmaps for the current selection only, plus it will generate the total lightmap a lot faster (and at a smaller size) because of the dynamic individual texture sizes. Lite lightmapping was (obviously) never meant to be used to do any serious stuff with, hence me calling you a brave man Very Happy

Oh, by the way, you mention the fps being none-too-good with a 10.000+ scene, was that with the Irrlicht engine? I would expect the irrlicht engine (without lightmapping) to perform quite well with a similar triangle-count.
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Visa Electron a widely accepted way of paying electronically over the internet, you think?

I use it all the time,its the only card i use.I only spend money i have in the bank Wink

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poor performance was with a .x file in DBPro, using the same map but as a .dmf in IllBuzzo's loader was far quicker, when not lightmapped. Lightmapping seemed to kill the poor thing off Very Happy , need DeleDPRO.
djblackdragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question about the first screeny. How did you make the chainlink mesh? Did you make cylinders and extrude and resize to get the desired effect?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: