Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrisu's latest build ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Chrisu's latest build ... Reply with quote

What's up guys?

I have some news for those interested in always having some kind of sneak-preview to potential upcoming changes, enhancements, additions, etc. of DeleD according to my contributions. So as soon I'm done with one topic (also sub-topics) and my version is looking kinda stable I will upload an according build to my web-server where you can download it.

Here's the link: My latest build!

The according changelog will always be appended to this thread. Feel free, no, I encourage you to give me feedback about the new functions so that I have the chance to adjust them before they go "live". Also it's very interesting for me to learn how useful a specific feature is or if it's just crap. It might even be that there's already a similar feature in DeleD which I just didn't find/know yet - if that occurs, please tell me and I will see what I can do to merge them, replace the existing or discard mine.

Cheers,
Chrisu.
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we go!

My latest build has some new features regarding snapping:

* Snapping according to axis-limitations: Limitations of the axis X,Y,Z now are also considered when it comes to snapping.
* Snap-Preview: Black dots will show you (when snapping is enabled) where the objects (vertices, edges) will snap to when you release the mouse-button after the action is done. At the mouse-cursor there is also a short explanation displayed what's the focus of the actual snap. Though there's only "Grid" yet, there are more to come. I.e. there will be snapping for on-axis, perpendicular, middle-points (split-points), tangents, center, and so on. I will call this smart-snapping. Still I don't know if the full feature of this is going to be a plugin following the new plugin concept which I'm just about to develop or if it will be directly integrated in DeleD.
* Selection-Preview: Still on board is my selection-preview feature which shows you by colored dots which objects (vertices, edges) are going to be added/set (green), removed (red), kept (predefined selection-color) by the actual selection-action.
* Bugfix: Hanging Raytracer. Now it works as it should ... I guess Wink

That's all for now! I hope you have fun with the new features and hopefully they are useful for you.

Cheers,
Chrisu.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing with this for a while and these are really great additions to DeleD. I especially like the Selection Preview right now but I'm sure the Smart Snapping functionality will be even better when you implement all those extra goodies. Smile

Can't wait to see the new plugin concept in place also as I really think plugins are the way to keep DeleD alive. Keep up the good work! Very Happy

One pretty important note though: it seems regular dialog boxes (like the one displayed when using the New button) are now in german?? At least, in your build they are. Wink
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
... it seems regular dialog boxes (like the one displayed when using the New button) are now in german?? ...

Yeah, I know, one already mentioned that. I looked for any options or properties in the build-configuration in my IDE but I didn't find anything proper. Only thing I know is that my IDE seems to be German but that this has an impact on building??? Really, really strange! Any advices would be more than just helpful on that. At least - I think so - when you build it for public it should be ok again as you don't use a German version, do you? Wink
However, there has to be a reason for this behavior.

Cheers,
Chrisu.

PS: I'm glad you like my features. All the best for your leg.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. DeleD really needs active developers!!! I will have a closer look at your build when I have more time. Smile I may join you sometime, by working on some plugins and do bugfixes.

First I have to pass my computer networking exam, next friday. Razz
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronozphere wrote:
First I have to pass my computer networking exam, next friday. Razz

Good luck, I'm glad I'm out of school for so many years now Wink
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New latest build available!

Introducing "Orthographic Distance-Shading":
This brand new feature should be really useful for those that have to deal with huge scenes which usually relatively soon become very chaotic to deal with in DeleD's wellknown orthographic views. Orthographic Distance-Shading (which is available through the view-menu) brings the third axis back into the ortho-view by shading the pen-color according to the specific views depth-axis.
The following example shows what is meant ...
Example with normal orthos (Orthographic Distance-Shading off):

Example with Orthographic Distance-Shading on:

See the difference? Wink

Ok, so that feature is now on-board of my latest build. Play with it but note that there will be an update to that soon as I have to integrate some depth-related sorting to the vertices as this is necessary for the correct visualization of overlayed lines and vertices.
However, I thought that it might be already useful for some of you so I wanted to already share this first approach.

Cheers,
Chrisu.
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is realy cool work Very Happy ,thank you chrisu.

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking very interesting.. and some very useful features. Perhaps you could ask for either a poll or wish list from users?

I too think the German dialogue boxes in German are important to rectify. It appears chrisu doesn't know how to rectify this, can anyone shed some light?

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
I too think the German dialogue boxes in German are important to rectify.

Yeah, they also annoy me, and I'm Austrian - so, German speeking Wink
AWM Mars wrote:
It appears chrisu doesn't know how to rectify this, can anyone shed some light?

Yup, it's absolutely not logical why my Delphi compiler does this. There's just no sense in binding localization for system-dialogs and the according buttons. They furthermore need late-binding ... having said this, maybe that's already the point what to look for in the IDE. *wondering*
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orthographic Distance-Shading really looks good! That kind of visual feedback can be really useful I'm sure. Smile

About the German dialogue boxes: it's no problem. As soon as chrisu submits his changes to the DeleD SVN repository, we can build a new DeleD using our own English compiler. Only chrisu's own builds will be in German, but that's not a problem for testing purposes, me thinks.
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded another latest build.
I added all the depth-sorting that's needed for proper visualization. Also the "old" ortho-views should profit from this as this has never been done before.
However, I just managed to finish the work for the SideView. So that's the one which should be "perfect" now. The other ortho-views should follow tomorrow.

That all was real bloody work as I firstly had a huge learn-curve to do in regards to Delphi and it's understanding of list-classes and their way of sortability. I'm beginning to get familiar with Delphi and even DeleD's internals. Smile

Well, I think I should be well armed now to start up the implementation of the new plugin-concept.

Good night,
Chrisu.
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent news chrisu, and thank you for taking the time to work on DeleD. I know there is a lot of talented people out there that have contributed to DeleD. With this new plugin architecture, making it easier to implement, I'm sure another wave of evolution will take place. Very Happy

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
chrisu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AWM Mars: You're welcome! Smile

@all: Another latest build is online. Now all ortho-views are drawn in the right z-order. Orthographic Distance-Shading is therefore finished. One more note about that: Maybe you found out that this shading is applied to everything, also handles, vertices, selections, and so on. You might want to change your color-settings for "selected objects" to some non-black. I changed it to a very dark cyan, which shades very nice. Besides that this shader also should work in inverse mode - I made it sensitive for the relation between fore- and background-color. But to be honest, I didn't try this out. Shoulda work, though. Wink

Enough for now,
cheers.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news here, chrisu? Are you able to work with the repository etc? Got any new plans up your sleeve? Keep us posted! Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: