Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple easy features

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spaddlewit

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: A couple easy features Reply with quote

I'd contribute these myself, but I'm a C++/C# guy, and don't have Delphi compilers. In any case, these should be quick, 5-minute additions that I think would be useful to a lot of people (ok ok, including me.. Smile ):

*) Combine the extrude command and Move By Face Normal. Unless you are working directly along the X, Y, or Z axis, this functionality is impossible to duplicate.

*) Option to snap to nearest vertex of currently selected object(s) while moving a vertex. This functionality is also impossible to duplicate without looking at the data right inside the XML file to find the coordinates of the vertex you want to snap to and use the Move By Absolute function.
Code:

- if (SnapToNearestVert)
            - For each selected object
                      - For each vertex
                                - Perform distance equation between vertex and moved vertex
                                - After finding closest vertex, copy coordinates to the moved vertex

*) An option to rotate successively selected objects around the center of the first selected object would also be a nice addition, but this may take a little more gusto. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: