Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD won't stop creating new objects...?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfsong73

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: DeleD won't stop creating new objects...? Reply with quote

Hello,

So, my first "why is this happening?" post lol.

I've tried looking up specific information on this, but I can't find any.

Basically, it seems like once I've created a single object, whatever it is, Deled gets "locked" in create mode, and every time I click, it just keeps adding a new copy of whatever object I last created.

I've tried hitting escape, enter, space, etc... to get out of create mode, but nothing is working. Even changing the selection mode (edge, face, etc) doesn't fix it.

How do you get it to stop creating new objects, so you can just select and edit what's already there?

Thanks Smile
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeleD is "create" mode by default when you start the application. As long as you don't select an object (using shift+left mouse button), you can keep creating new objects.

Usually, you'd do something like this:

- go to Object mode (this is the default editmode)
- create some objects
- select an object by using shift+left mouse button
- either use specific editing tools available in Object mode or....
- select another mode, like polygon mode or vertex mode
- use the editing tools available in the editmode you selected

As soon as you deselect your object(s) by hitting Escape or by clicking next to an object in Object mode, you are in "create" mode again.

So remember: as long as you don't make a selection, you're in "create" mode. When you have a selection, you're in "edit" mode. Smile

Also note there are little hints displayed in the status bar which show what you can do in a particular context.

Does this help?
Wolfsong73

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay, that makes sense then. I thought I was going nuts, or missing some command somewhere lol.

Okay, so basically, as long as you're not specifically performing a different function, Deled assumes you're wanting to make something. Got it.

That'll help a lot lol.

Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: