Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irrlicht Loader For Deled files. (Maybe a little off-topic)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, I'll make sure to check it out later today. We want to include this in the DeleD Download section as well!
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I've tried new DeleD 1.1 files with CDMFLoader class, and levels now work really well, without the need of flipping textures. So I've added to CDNFLoader a version check, so
if the file is older than 1.1 loader will flip textures, if it's 1.1 or newer no need for this.
I'm currently uploading a updated version of DMFLoader.exe (if you want to try the loader without having to compile...).
I'm having some troubles with my upload so please be patient.
You can download:

CDMFLoader classes and help (44KB) http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/DMFLoaderSDK.zip

DMFLoader.exe (1447KB)
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/DMFLoader.zip

So bye, Wink
I'm going to implement dynamic lights for next release.
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
here you are the address of Irrlicht forum where I've announced DMF Loader, if you want to give a look:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5783&sid=001604ee03e86a151ca285c064635879

By the way the links on the previous message are the complete version (exe and code) to load DeleD 1.1 map files with lightmaps.
I'm adding just now the possibility to introduce in DeleD map files spotlights that have a special tag, so they are interpreted as dynamic lights by Irrlicht.
I'll release a test version for this week-end.
Bye Very Happy
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Mr Buzzo Very Happy

Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Development news:

This scene has loaded two cubes and one plain, some objects are lightmapped and some not, could you say what are the lightmapped?
This scene uses 2 dynamic lights positioned with DeleD and correctly loaded by Irrlicht.
So I'm writing a little more comment to code and help prior to release.
Note that with this release an object not lightmapped will not be seen in full light (owing to dynamic lights use) unless you put Shadow Intensity in DeleD to 0 or you put a dynamic light in your scene.
The adding of dynamic lights is maden by renaming a pointlight to dynamic_ followed by your chosen name, so DMFLoader could load properly that light.
A release will arrive in few days (to tell the truth I would implement water effect loading before this but I'll see...Wink ).
Just a little more notice, it seems there's a little bug in DeleD, if you save your pointlight renamed and then reload you file there are not renamed, so if you resave lights won't be renamed correctly.
Bye
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I've right now updated the code of DMFLoader and binaries to version 1.1, you can download:

DMFLoader exe [1756 KB]
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/DMFLoader.zip

Classes and help files plus a DeleD sample [89 KB]
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/DMFLoaderSDK.zip

I've corrected one bug in Ambient light rapresentation (red and blue were inverted) and added dynamic lights support and a new sample.
I've also added flat colour support, in fact I've added a DeleD file that doesn't need textures, so you can try the loader.
Bye Wink
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! I've made these downloads available at the Product pages on the Delgine main site as well. Smile
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Thank you very much Jeroen for uploading these classes so fast on Delgine site Very Happy .
I'll give some more explanation about this release now.
DMFLoader 1.1 main feature is the direct loading of dynamic lights from within DeleD map.
The only thing you have to do in DeleD map to let Irrlicht recognize the dynamic light (or lights) is to rename a pointlight (in example pointlight1) with the suffix dynamic_ (in example dynamic_pointlight1) and the game is done. Note that parser is case sensitive, so if you use Dynamic_ or DYNAMIC_ or any other writing it's not recognized (for other infos look at the help file).
Another major implementation is correct loading of flat colour materials (you can use them in DeleD).
I've also corrected a minor bug due to DeleD rapresentaion of Ambient colour (00FFFFFF is 00 alpha? blue,green,red and not red,green,blue my fault sorry Wink) with all values the same you have not troubles but you never know.
I've also updated main sample code to let you use DirectX 8.1 and dynamic lights, help file is updated too.

DMFLoader.zip contains just binaries:
-DMFLoader.exe : The main loader
-Irrlicht.dll : Irrlicht engine (optimized for AMD Athlon XP and including
DX9,DX8.1,OPENGL)
-d3dx9.dll : A support library for some dx9 functions
-d3dx8.dll : A support library for some dx8 functions
-sample.dmf: A sample DeleD map file with dynamic lights
(you don't need textures)

DMFLoaderSDK.zip contains cpp files and help:
-dmfsupport.h : A header file containing some support classes and
functions
-CDMFLoader.h : main header of CDMFLoader class
-CDMFLoader.cpp : CDMFLoader implementation
-main.cpp : a sample main to show loader usage
-example.dev : a sample project fo Dev-Cpp 4.9.9.2
-readme.txt : a simple readme
-DMFLoader.chm : main help guide to loader class
-DMFLoader.chi : main TOC for help

bye Laughing

P.S.: Next release after Easter featuring : water loading....
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll skip the 'great work Il Buzzo' part ('cause you know how much we appreciate your work Wink) and skip right to the technical question:

Quote:

00FFFFFF is 00 alpha?

No, that high byte is simply not used at the moment, don't interpret it as alpha as it will always be zero. The color is simply a hex-dump of the 32-bits repsentation of the 24-bits color (internally stored as ints). However, we keep that byte reserved, because at some point in the future we might want to add things like alpha support. But probably not in the scene ambient colour Razz
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Thanks for explanation Paul Jan, I've understood it was a not used value, mine was just an idea for future DeleD improvements Wink!!
Anyway I've noticed that when you rename a pointlight and then you reload its name is automatically changed in pointlight.
It's not a real trouble cause you can always rename and resave.
Have you tried new version of DMFLoader?
There is a DeleD map file included with no textures (it uses material flat colours) and 3 dynamic lights.
I'm planning to integrate physics in my next loaders (with Newton dynamics) but first of all, I'm adding water plains from within DeleD before Easter and then I'll restart DBO exporter (it seems that The Game Creators staff will release new DBO specs before the end of month).
Well bye for the moment.
Very Happy
condrula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Il Buzzo wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks for explanation Paul Jan, I've understood it was a not used value, mine was just an idea for future DeleD improvements Wink!!
Anyway I've noticed that when you rename a pointlight and then you reload its name is automatically changed in pointlight.
It's not a real trouble cause you can always rename and resave.
Have you tried new version of DMFLoader?
There is a DeleD map file included with no textures (it uses material flat colours) and 3 dynamic lights.
I'm planning to integrate physics in my next loaders (with Newton dynamics) but first of all, I'm adding water plains from within DeleD before Easter and then I'll restart DBO exporter (it seems that The Game Creators staff will release new DBO specs before the end of month).
Well bye for the moment.
Very Happy

Wow Newton? Do you mean this Newton? http://www.physicsengine.com/ Shocked
it would be really cool
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Yes Condrula, that Newton. It has been updated to 1.32 and there is an Irrlicht+Newton project in Irrlicht forums, that is simple to extend.
Bye.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: The reported bug with the pointlight (as well as the directional/spotlight) renaming at each save/load cycle has been fixed. Fix will be available in the next DeleD update. Thanks, Il Buzzo Very Happy
EricTheAnteater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Nice job! Reply with quote

Awesome!!
However, are the .dlls from the DirectXSDK DevPak? If they are,remove them! The SDK was just removed from the DevPak site because of copyright resons.
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric,
I don't think so, owing to the fact I'm not redistributing any DXSDK source or include file but just built dlls (that can be redistributed).
Anyway thanks for suggestion Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: