Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick and Simple Kitchen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stressless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Quick and Simple Kitchen Reply with quote

Such a shame that no one posts their work anymore. I myself picked up DeleD today after not using it for such a long time. Note: DeleD CE not the web version.

And it was so easy to pick up where i had left. I quickly made this simple kitchen and the results ain't bad Very Happy . And it's just 5.7k poly (nearly 50% of it comes from the sink).

And ofcouse i made a quick scene in Unreal Engine 4. The lighting isn't great, it shows some seams around the cabinets. But for a quick test it's alright.

Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! Proportions are excellent and the materials and lighting in the final scene rock! Very Happy

What software are you using nowadays?
stressless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeleD CE & UE4, that's it. Wink I just had not been doing any 3d modeling for a while. And i have checked the new webbased deled but i keep prefering the CE one. Sad
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see you still like DeleD very much and use it to create awesome things! Very Happy

Would be even more awesome to see you use Figuro, of course. What features would Figuro have to have for you to come over and do your magic?
stressless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, the instant 4 view layout (top, front, side, 3d), the difference in key usage/keybinding, (i love using the shift key to quickly select sides after creating a object). I just have the feeling i have to do more clicks/movements to end up with the same result. Altough i do have to say Figuro has come a long way since Alpha Very Happy
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those insights - very helpful! Smile

Figuro is indeed very different from what DeleD used to be and I can certainly see why you're hesitating to use it. Biggest difference, I think, it that in Figuro you're doing everything in the 3D view. Most other 3D apps do that, too, and in the end I have even removed the top/front/side views from the app all together.

I think the keybindings to quickly switch to other editmodes (A,S,D,F,G) and to select much used tools like move, scale, rotate, extrude, inset, insert etc (W,E,R,T,Y,U,I,O,P) are an advantage over DeleD. Btw, have you tried the Edge Insert and Vertex Knife tooling? I think those could be a very useful addition to your 3d toolbox. Smile
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I've just been updating Figuro with a few nice additions you might like. You can now place rectangles and cylinders directly on other objects. Will do the same for other primitives. Want to check it out and let me know what you think? Smile
stressless

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked it out (didn't read your comment correctly so i was just about to say that i can't place cubes on cubes Laughing ) Anyway, I think it could be a quick way for beginners to build on top of each other, might be easy for them to get to know the basics of 3d modeling. But the moment you go into details i think you will often switch back to 'invert' en 'extrude'. Then again, i have this feeling that Figuro has a slightly different targetgroup / goal then DeleD has. It will work for most beginners but onces they get the hang of it DeleD would be a step further then Figuro is now. Less 'app' more 'application'. Can't quite get my finger on it.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your way of thinking, thanks for that! Smile I can see DeleD is more advanced in some areas, and less advanced in others. Indeed, Figuro is aimed at beginner to intermediate modellers and the toolilng I'm adding now should appeal to that group indeed.

Oh btw, you can now place cubes, grids and spheres (together with cylinders and rectangles) directly on other objects, too. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: