Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recovery of lost plugins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LORD_EZARIK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Recovery of lost plugins Reply with quote

It seems to me that a large number of the particularly unique or useful plugins, e.g. the scripting plugin, etc. are no longer available for download either from their original sites, this site or any archive site

I was wondering if anyone(ideally the creators of course) still has these to re-upload ? (or could at least provide them on request)

(apparently it's impossible for me to search for any file mirrors sites recently, almost like my ISP restricts it, I remember one called something like "FilesWatcher" / (mirrorsForFiles) that trawled all open ftp and mirror sites for specific Zip files, if anyone has a link it could be worth checking that site to see if anyone backed any of these up, I used to recover all kinds of long lost file downloads that way)

(on a side note, if we can't recover them but I can get the right people interested, there is a vague possibility we could have these lost plugins replaced (I'm willing to put up some money as an incentive for someone to recreate some depending what people want most))

(edit: just realised the UVW Plugin is now distributed with DeleD so at least it wasn't lost like I'd feared, have removed references to it from this post)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, thanks for your message.

The actual problem was an error in the website scripts. I've fixed that just now and you should be able to download the plugins here again.

Is there a particular plugin not listed here? Let me know!

I think its amazing to see DeleD and its plugins still being used after all these years. Smile Mind telling us what you're working on?
LORD_EZARIK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing that so fast Smile , this explanation will probably be a little long winded (I'll maybe try edit it to be shorter later)
----
(there's nothing certain yet, but I'm currently testing DeleD's viability as a tool for editing models for use with a few games I am currently or have previously been working on,...
but also more currently as a potential tool for making / editing new models for fan-made expansions for the PC game Dawn_Of_War, (at the moment people are limited by needing old versions of 3ds Max, which has been prohibitive to adding models), so far it seems to me the only real changes that would be required for using DeleD with most of Dawn of War's models would be writing a couple of extra plugins (whm importer(for testing) and whm/sgm exporter, a little plugin to deal indirectly with more complex (maximum 4 (normally just 1 or 2)) bone weighting data (which can just be stored in an external file a plugin plays with and the exporter checks), something to manage object groupings(same thing again really) and a way to force certain objects to export as "markers", or "dummies"(can just suffix their names ~MKR or ~DMY for the export /import plugin maybe), only thing left then would be, D.O.W_anim_properties (likely just as external text files the plugin loads and edits with name of the animation (a .csv was basically all it was in max anyway)), vis tracks and texture animations, which can all just be dealt with externally by the plugins too, (both those are rarely used in that game anyway and are mostly just one directional texture scrolling or whole model fades, can do this via simple text files in plugin again)), DeleD's animation system has near identical limitations to D.O.W's models (rotation and movement only) and it's far more convenient having them all together instead of the multiple separate scene files (one for every anim) being used in the Max plugins which was always a nuisance))
so far, thanks to it's plugin architecture, DeleD seems ideal for use with Dawn Of War so I'm going to see if any of the people I know who've worked heavily with the WHM format in the past will get on bored with this, (there's a good chance a few of them will be up for this since the number of active model makers seems to be shrinking recently, if not I'll borrow their notes and give it a try when I have time)
(if all goes well this could become the main tool we use for Dawn Of War Models in future))))
(final model previews (with bone weights, vis, etc.) can be viewed and tested easily enough in Dawn-Of-War's Object editor after export)

----
(I'd be excited to get one of the old DeleD scripting plugins though (the Lua one is still available but not for the current DeleD version, not sure about the later one which I believe also used lua (one of these would save a lot of time at our end while we prototype our plugins Smile ))
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome project. Would be so cool to see DeleD being used for Dawn of War modding! Very Happy

Keep us posted!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: