Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 1.21 released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.21 released Reply with quote

DeleD 1.2 Released!

Finally, the new DeleD version is here. It took us a little longer than planned to get here (but we blame that on a certain Dutch telephone-line operator Wink) but we think it was worth the wait... hope you all agree! You'll find a short overview of the changes below.

General improvements
- Better technical design partially implemented

Bugs fixed
- Lights no longer loose their (custom) names when loading a map
- Background images (with none-power of 4 width) no longer show up skewed

3D picking implemented
The 3D view now allows picking of the nearest object, face or polygon, just like you were used to in the 2D views! Use shift-click to select the nearest item, shift-ctrl-click to add the nearest item to the current selection. Keep the alt-key pressed to always select objects, ignoring the current edit mode.

Improved lightmapping on curved surfaces
The old lightmapper did not account for light angle-of-incidence in the lighting model. The new lightmapper does, leading to less bright but a lot more smooth lighting results.

To allow for nice continuous lighting, the lightmapper now has smooth normal generation implemented (PRO only). To control what edges are marked 'smooth', an option has been added to set the so-called 'crease angle'. Any angles below this threshold are marked 'smooth', all others are considered 'sharp'.
Camera settings added to options
These application-wide settings allow you to change the Field of Vision (vertical, horizontal is deducted from the aspect ratio) and the Near and Far Clipping Plane.

Background moving/scaling
You can now move and scale your background images. It has also been made a little easier to load background images into 2D views.

Loading DMF files via commandline
Simply feed DeleD a DMF by specifying it on the commandline (e.g DeleD.exe yourfile.dmf)

Download via the DeleD product page. PRO users can find 1.2 PRO via DownloadeD, to be found via the Customers menu.

Update: version 1.21 has been released, solving a bug which caused the Undo system to be disabled.

Last edited by Jeroen on Wed May 04, 2005 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job boys Very Happy ,love the 3D picking Wink

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom gridsize is nice, along with the custom zoom. Did any of the promised texturing improvements make it in? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it. Smile Texturing improvements will be worked on next.
louis

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb.

Ahhhhh a 10 x 10 grid Very Happy

Minder Kamagurka en een bejte mere Arno .. zeg.
Putain Putain, c'est vachement bien, nous sommes comme meme tous les Europeans.

Cheers
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamagurka I know, but what is Arno??? Google couldn't help me here, nor could AskJeeves... Someone from Belgium I presume Wink
Chris

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, I can click in the 3D view, now when I do that it'll actually do stuff.

Good work guys, me and Khris'll try and make you proud.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* Yeah, but now you keep trying to drag your mouse in the 3D window moving/scaling/whatevering your objects (or that least, that is what happening to me). I guess we'll just have to implement that too then Laughing
Chris

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
*lol* Yeah, but now you keep trying to drag your mouse in the 3D window moving/scaling/whatevering your objects (or that least, that is what happening to me). I guess we'll just have to implement that too then Laughing

I only do that with texture manipulation, not object manipulation. But it's be another useful feature, if you could do it in a nice easy to use way.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.21 has been released, solving a bug which caused the Undo system to be disabled.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the new version is really great, especially the improved lightmapping.
Suggestion: It sucks that you always have to use the visibility tool to hide something, so it would be great if you could just use ctrl+h to hide and shift+ctrl+h to unhide the selection
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion, adding it to the todo-list!
handless
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to buy this... Currently have no money to invest, but that will change shortly. Smile

Nice Job on the improvements! 3D view selection is a nice touch. A lot of programs ive used have that implemented and it helps a great deal ( to some people, like me Wink ).

btw. The ctrl+h shortcut would be oh-so helpfull!!!!
Yokom
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice improvements the camera clipping plane is a really nice change as is the 3d picking. I find my self lost in levels im creating and picking in the 3d window lets find the object that needs editing really fast.

The grid line adjustment is great there is only one problems with it. If you set the grid to power of ten units like major 1000 and minor 100 and then use the number keys to adjest the minor it gets off kilter. The minor lines adjust to the old power of 2 values instead adjusting to a division based on the majorgridlines

The Lightmapping also seems much more effiencent. I light mapped a pretty big level im working on the and size of the lightmaps was alot less and rendered in ogre with much less boggdown of the engine. Not sure if this was just my settings that changed not sure but it is working better either way.

all around nice job guys. I know how hard working on a project like this gets and the frustration of keeping up the dayjob and coding most of the nights away. I just wanted to express my thanks for the job your doing.

Yokom
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice update. A few suggestions/comments:

- Have you changed the method of connecting vertices? Because at the moment I can't seem to connect two vertices on a simple box :S. The option is just greyed out.
- Any chance of including the background image settings in the file format? Or supplying a separate background settings file? It'd be good to not have to scale the image to size every time you load the level up.
- Image scaling and object scaling when pressing ctrl is mean't to be uniform no? I think this has long been a problem I continue to point out, but I'm not sure if you get what I mean Razz. Scale an oblong shape down. It doesn't keep it's proportions at all. The problem seems to be you are scaling each side down by the same "amount", not the same "percentage". This is the same with background image scaling.
- Could you possibly make "weld" show how many vertices it successfully welded? It'd be handy for seeing it if actually worked Smile.
- It'd be rather snazzy to have a camera mode (maybe if you hold ALT, that doesn't do anything at the moment) where it takes the average position of all the selected things (polygons, objects, verts etc.) and makes the camera rotate around that while maintaining it's angle relative to the selected (as if it were attached solidly to it by a stick).
- Deletion of verts and edges would still be a handy tool Smile.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: