Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you using DeleD for?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: What are you using DeleD for? Reply with quote

Tell us about your project! Are you using DeleD for gamedevelopment? Education? Websites? Other things? Tell us, we'd like to know!

We're really interested to see what DeleD is being used for so we can determine what is important to you. We use this information to determine what it is we, the developers, should focus on next. Remember, DeleD development is an on-going process! Be part of it!
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"G" I feel privileged. I get to be the first. Smile

I work with an international group hoping to build a 3d web based game site.
We are using DeleD to make our levels/games along with a few other programs. Thus far, DeleD has been the beginning, and the end program for most of what we have done.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Pessimist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using DeleD for building levels for my game, because it is free (I'm using Lite version) and easy to use. DeleD meets my needs quite well Smile. Big thanks for developers of DeleD !

Pessimist.
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am attempting to use DeleD Pro to create levels for a team project http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=8&t=41284&p=0. I am not actually a modeller, rather the lead coder, so my models hardly ever get finished Smile. But hopefully one day I will have a full level to show Very Happy. Note, at the moment, none of the levels in that thread are made with DeleD (unfortunately Sad). Although I did make the really rather complicated crate model used in one of the levels Wink.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a hobbiest and i use DeleD Pro for game levels because i think it has many advantages for this job. I use Bltz3D for coding and the Blitz3D exporter is the most usefull DeleD plugin to me. Wink
cypher543

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to make a game, but I'm still learning how to program 3D stuff. So I am using DeleD to practice my modelling skills while I learn to proagrm with Irrlicht. I'll be using DeleD for my levels then. Very Happy
Twixn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just discovered DeleD, and have already made a loader for it (thanks for the file format docs, makes implimenting a loader much much easyer).

Right now its only in my side project 'ReHashed' (i plan on releasing a demo tomorrow), which is a small Mulitplayer FPS (in heavy development).

But its been so sucessfull that i plan to impliment it in my flagship game engine 'Subliminal'.

-Twixn-
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cool! Keep us posted on progress!

[edit]Just noted you already did, in the User Game Projects section... yay![/edit]
pfo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making a game as well, using DeleD for buildings / level geometry. I have also written a custom DMF loader for Irrlicht, and integrated it with Newton physics. I plan to make good use of DMF user tag data to make a basic entity / properties system within DeleD (its amazing what that one little string of text can hold).
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pfo: it would be interesting if you crossed ideas with IlBuzzo since he also wrote a dmf loader for Irrlicht (in fact, it's Irrlicht's official loader).

If you guys compare notes-ideas only something good can come out of it Wink
pfo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@pfo: it would be interesting if you crossed ideas with IlBuzzo since he also wrote a dmf loader for Irrlicht (in fact, it's Irrlicht's official loader).

If you guys compare notes-ideas only something good can come out of it Wink
I could try that, IlBuzzo also wrote a DMF loader that integrates with Newton, but its not as far along as mine is, unless he has something I haven't seen yet. In fact when writing my loader, I consulted his for reference. If people want a Newton-ready DMF loader for Irrlicht, I'd be happy to share my source, but I think its kinda messy now (and incomplete). For now it supports a physics material in its user tag data (Physics=Grass would set the DMF object's physics materials to behave like grass) and several custom objects that I may get rid of (they were mostly for testing). Eventually I want to integrate switches, elevators, doors, conveyor belts and mechanized things (cranes and gears).
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eventually I want to integrate switches, elevators, doors, conveyor belts and mechanized things (cranes and gears)

That would rule! but then we'd need a tagging system within deled so that we could tell which models are what and then export the info to an xml file or something; to finally load the level into Irrlicht.

This is where the already discussed layer system for deled would come in handy Wink
pfo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer system? Could you show me a topic that discusses that? I'm interested... I had an idea for how DeleD could better handle such things too, it would be an interesting addition for DeleD, I'll mention it here:

Allow for DeleD to be able to design 'data tables', these would be much like database tables; they can hold a number of fields, all of which are definable by the user. The types they could accomodate would be int, float, string, bool, vector, color. For each DeleD object, you have the option of adding a table entry for it. You would select one of your existing table designs, and fill in its metadata; this information would be saved with the level. You could then use this information in your 3D engine to setup custom objects, however you wanted. Basically this would be more robust control over TagData.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfo wrote:
Layer system? Could you show me a topic that discusses that? I'm interested... I had an idea for how DeleD could better handle such things too, it would be an interesting addition for DeleD, I'll mention it here
It means you have differe layers of data. You can make a building on a street. Have the building in a seperate second layer, and in a seperate 3rd layer have a building that is destroyed.

This can be done with the user tag system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFO: Yeah, something along that lines has crossed our minds as well, there are other editors out there that offer similar functionality and it is very convenient.

I was just wondering how to manage the 'metadata of the metadata' (i.e. the field definitions). You'd want to store those in the DMF as well, to enable other people to interpret your field contents, but then again: you'd want to conveniently reuse your data model across different maps as well. So that means you probably want to store the definition in some generic repository on your machine as well.

And when I say data model, I do mean data model in the classical sense, as the field definitions would be divided in different entities.

p.s. I propose we use 'metadata' to refer to the data model, and 'user data' to refer to the actual contents...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: