Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you using DeleD for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willakan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using DeleD for an MMO, no details yet, project still in it's infancy... Very Happy
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm using DeleD for an MMO

so do i Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, guys, take a number! Form a line! MMOs go on the left, FPS-es over there on the right. No shoving, there's room for everybody!

:-)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
fangelico

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , im using DELEDIT to make levels for my game , and it is NOT a FPS NOR a MMO, its a 3rd Person game , like metal gear series.
cheers
Maverick77
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using it to make some models for my shaders class at school.
for personal projects I am using it to model items for my isometric view mmo game Smile
ally
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make ugly tables and boxy rooms with my version of DeleD.

... I'm kind bad at it. haha.

I am a programmer, not much of an artist, but since artists are generally fickle (present company excluded of course) and never stick around long enough, I thought I would give it a go myself. I enjoy level editing, but I don't have a lot of time to practice that skill while trying to program at the same time. Que sera, sera. But modeling is a heckuva lot of fun =]

Remind me, before the end of the week, to post some pictures.

Oh the style of my game. I'm not sure. I've kinda been doing everything but the specifics, my camera supports internal, orbital, offset, and manual modes so it could be an FPS, or something else. Nothing else about it currently is particularly telling.
Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up the old thread Wink

i using DeleD for my World War II Game, with DeleD can i faster and better working on my game and i say thanks Delgine Team for the great Community and DeleD 3d.
andy_mc
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using DeleD in conjuction with T.Ed, character FX and Blitz3D to make a two player metal gear solid type game viewed from almost a birds eye view.

Think Metal Gear solid crossed with Cannon Fodder.

I'm also wanting to make a single player RPG, a fighting game, a wipeout style racing game and a Mechwarrior style game.

So quite a lot to keep me busy with.

I'm keeping a log at http://coffeeinduced.wordpress.com
Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will use DeleD to make some scenes for my own enjoyment. Very Happy It may sound weird, maybe, but I like to wander through (with Level Walker) some awesome buildings I just created. Well, I haven't yet created anything.
Stiglr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (and a few others) are auditing DeleD for use with a historical flight simulator called Targetware. It spans WWI, WWII, Korea and into the Vietnam War, and prides itself on its flight model fidelity, as well as accuracy in how it portrays cockpits and systems for the crews.

Right now, we're moving to a Lua-based version 2.x of Targetware, and there are big changes in how the system works. We need to be able to handle animations that can be exported via Collada directly into the Targetware 2.0 engine. So, many of us who have been using AC3D as our basic modeler (and really liking it, despite its lack of animation tools) need to look into finding a program that can at least be used as a transition bridge to get Collada output with animations.

We have literally hundreds of objects and over 100 aircraft that will very soon need to be ported to the new Targetware 2.0 engine. These objects are already created and textured, but their animations were handled in a different way for Targetware 0.64; one that we'd love nothing better than to NEVER SEE AGAIN. Very Happy

IF DeleD is as easy to use as AC3D, such that we don't have to "relearn" all our modeling techniques (which is a HUGE issue with such software as the hopelessly convoluted Blender) , some of us will consider moving to DeleD for all our Targetware 3D modeling needs. But that remains to be seen, because AC3D is very intuitive, plus has killer UV mapping and texturing tools that make that process as simple as I've ever seen it.

So, if DeleD can't match or better AC3D's texturing capabilities, I might only use it for importing models for animation at the very end of the production process. If DeleD does prove easy enough to use without requiring me to relearn my modeling processes, then I'll use it exclusively.

Jury's only gone out today, so, we'll see!
Mobo: FIC AU13 TFA42 BIOS
Allegro sound card
2GB of 2700 DDR memory
Video Card: EVGA 6200 512MB with 6.14.11.8208 drivers
Cougar HOTAS
CH Pedals
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well add my peice in here.

My company developed Immersive Virtual Environment Solutions for business, education, training, onboarding.. the list goes on and on.

Our hosting software, written in house from the ground up, gives us great control over security for environments hosted within our wrapper process. So I create useable environments in DeleD, convert them to Ogre formats, that are hosted within our secure wrapper kiosk process, giving modular resources and functionality to our users.

Soon all our content will be converted to make it compatible with the new VR graphics format, based upon BIFS, that will make VR in high quality over the internet, a reality. Our core system will evolve into a thin client pluggin for browsers (we already have IE 6, 7 and 8 covered, along with FF 3.5.5), which will take the place of the vast majority of Clients used today to render/host VR platforms.

Clients and users alike will soon be able to host VR 'grids' on standard webhost solutions, including the amazon cloud, making them accessible via simple html linking from blogs, forums, websites, in much the same way, we click a link and watch a movie file. We already have this solution available. Very Happy

Our goal through our thin client and the new emerging VR standards, is to have our grids transparently accessible, when the user arrives on the website/blog/forum etc, much like an animated gif banner is now, so the user simply begins to immerse themselves right away. Identity theft and security is hardcoded into our thin client pluggin, giving users greater freedom to shop via VR environments.

The primary goal for DeleD is for content creation. The development of secure immersive meeting environments for business over the internet.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Dragonsbrethren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using DeleD to help keep two of the greatest first person shooters ever created alive with new map backgrounds, which can be used for brand new missions or multiplayer arenas. I've tried pretty much every free modeler out there, and this was the only one I found that had a sane interface and could do everything I needed it to.
harper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Good old days Reply with quote

Yes, Dragonsbrethren, one thing that came to my mind: If i only got a little more time, i would like to re-create the good old E1M1-level (real fans will know what i'm talking about) with DeleD, seeing it with uptodate gfx. I bought that original 4-diskette-version, hehe.
Lascar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back I created some simple 3D games as a hobby / for fun www.skm.9f.com
Most of the free programmes I used for my creations then are no longer available.
I like 3D modelling and 3D in general and would like to have another go at creating again, not necessarily games.
My biggest problem has been to find a good 3D modeller (free or open source) that exports in x format.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: