Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plugin Development Error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old_man_auz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Plugin Development Error Reply with quote

hey,

Im wiritng a Ogre dotSceneOctree pluging for deleD. I had written the plugin, but when I export a map, I get this error:

Code:

access violation at address 77f69ecd in module 'ntdll.dll'. write of address 00000010

What does this error mean.

This line of code causes the error:
Code:

meshSerializer->importMesh( stream , meshPtr.getPointer() );

Thanks for any help.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a line from your codebase, right? We'd definitely need to see more of your code to determine the cause of error.
old_man_auz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, sorry, I didnt really give you much of my code to work with..

And that line of code from my code..

Im writing a Ogre dotSceneOctree exporter.

My exporter at the moment, exports the scene as an Ogre dotScene file. It then tries to convert the dotScene file into a dotSceneOctree file.

My plugin exports the dotScene files ok, but when it tries to convert it to a dotSceneOctree file, thats when it gets errors.

The thing is, that I took the lazy option and pretty much copied and pasted the code from the official ogre dotSceneOctree converter, straight into my code, so it should work, but I get that error.

I will get you some more of my source code hopefully later today, but at the moment, its on a different computer. If theres anything you want spacificly, then can you please let me know.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the problem is in the conversion from dotScene to dotSceneOcree... Hmmm, I think it would be alot wiser to post questions about that over at the Ogre3D forums!

Mind you, it is not that we don't want to help you out, it's just that the guys over there actually do know a thing or two about Ogre! The amount of Ogre experts is a bit... sparse on these Delgine forums... Very Happy Feel free to post your question of course... and I guess we could use all the code you can provide. Perhaps a download link to a compiling project would be most appriopriate in this case, I think some hands on debugging is required.
old_man_auz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you replys.

I fixed the problem . I was using the DeleD exporter template for Codeblocks to start my exporter's project and it didnt have the /MD compiler parameter. After I added that, it compiled and worked perfectly..

So if you are interested in hosting an Exporter for dotSceneOctree files for Ogre, let me know and I can send it too you.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing you found out!

And yeah, we are most definitely interested! Any chance we can talk you into including a dotSceneOctree example viewer or perhaps some example loading code? If not, we are still interested of course Wink Send your stuff to paul [at] delgine [dot] com, and I'll get things online asap! If you have a particular screenshot of the product in action you'd like to see displayed on the download page, send that as well. Otherwise I'll doodle up something. Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: