Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Tutorial Requests Reply with quote

Would you like to request a tutorial on a certain topic? Simply post your request in this thread, and see if one of the veteran users is willing to pick it up. Smile

Please provide as much details as possible: what is it exactly that you would want to see explained.
djblackdragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is possible, but maybe a terrain tutorial? I didn't see one in here...>_>
Fixxer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total Newbie Series:
Making an FPS Indoor level.

Go through everything to make a useable level in a game, similar to what this person did.

Maybe make a new segment of the tut each week.

http://www.vgstudy.com/scifi.htm
Merrie
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djblackdragon wrote:
Don't know if this is possible, but maybe a terrain tutorial? I didn't see one in here...>_>

Yes creating a small terrain with a skybox. Would you hollow out a large cube, edge it with blockable terrain, add scene materials to the walls? And what about the skybox? Add it to the ceiling or make the ceiling see through and use a linked sky box?

Thanks!

BTW the above topic, FPS the website is offline.
Vijchti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djblackdragon wrote:

You don't really need a tutorial for that -- it's fairly simple. Just make a grid, say 10 by 10, and raise select vertices to create rolling hills or whatever you want. Then triangulate all the polygons so you don't get any impossibly shaped squares.

If you really need a tutorial, I could pump one out when I have free time.

"Psst, Here's a secret...Your last mortal thought will be,
'Why did I take so many days - just like today - for granted?'"
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vijchti wrote:
djblackdragon wrote:

You don't really need a tutorial for that -- it's fairly simple. Just make a grid, say 10 by 10, and raise select vertices to create rolling hills or whatever you want. Then triangulate all the polygons so you don't get any impossibly shaped squares.

If you really need a tutorial, I could pump one out when I have free time.

This is easier if you put the Y lock on so that you can only move vertices up or down, and you keep the terrain even.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:
This is easier if you put the Y lock on so that you can only move vertices up or down, and you keep the terrain even.

Yep, good advice.

"Psst, Here's a secret...Your last mortal thought will be,
'Why did I take so many days - just like today - for granted?'"
joshua1091

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: importing .map files into deled Reply with quote

hi i tried to import .map files from lord of the ring -battle for middle earth to deled,i specified the file name and the texture folder (containing .tga),but there was no change in screen contents...so i request a tutorial for importing .map files into deled...
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: importing .map files into deled Reply with quote

joshua1091 wrote:
hi i tried to import .map files from lord of the ring -battle for middle earth to deled,i specified the file name and the texture folder (containing .tga),but there was no change in screen contents...so i request a tutorial for importing .map files into deled...
.map is a generic file format extension, and doesn't actually mean the contents are the same as another .map file, or the kind that is supported.

Send your .map to PJ or J, and they will take a look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: importing .map files into deled Reply with quote

thanx...i did that immediately after posting that message...i got that idea when i as surfing thro the forums...
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved your file just fine, thanks. However, it appears to be corrupt: it is only 3 bytes in size and contains the word EAR (.map files are simple text-based files, you can open it in notepad to check). There is no information at all in there, so the importer doesn't support it. May I ask where you got this particular file from?
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
I recieved your file just fine, thanks. However, it appears to be corrupt: it is only 3 bytes in size and contains the word EAR (.map files are simple text-based files, you can open it in notepad to check). There is no information at all in there, so the importer doesn't support it. May I ask where you got this particular file from?
I think EAR is the argument for the organ tool algorithm.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you round edges of a box? I've seen somewhere in the forum where there were box primatives that had the edges rounded. I would like to know how to do this.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trucker2000 wrote:
How do you round edges of a box? I've seen somewhere in the forum where there were box primatives that had the edges rounded. I would like to know how to do this.
Bevel the edges.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't bevel edges (yet). What you saw could have been beveled vertices. On a simple box though, you can achieve the same effect (beveling edges) when you inset all faces and move them outwards a little.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: